Monday, November 19, 2012

Where's Grace???

I have been working for weeks to find a rescue group that could save Grace. Grace is a smaller mixed breed who showed up out here about three or four months ago. Living in the country there are always dogs dumped out here :(

Grace set up residence down the street from me, on the stoop of the church. She slept there. She was always sunning herself out there. I saw her every day and set her good wishes. Every morning as I left my house I would look over and see her sunning and say hi. The church is run down, and has very few members now - probably only about 20, but they are faithful and go every Wednesday and sunday. They and others around have been feeding Grace, making sure she had water. Except for a home of her own, she had a pretty good set up really.

But as winter was approaching and temps were dropping, I knew we needed to get Grace into a more hospitable atmosphere if possible and that's when I found DARS. DeSoto Animal Rescue, and Brett, who said he would take her. We made a plan to catch her except his car went in the shop and it was delayed.

I saw her in her usual morning spot on Saturday sunning herself., and I stopped to tell my neighbor that we were going to catch her tomorrow(Sunday) and get her into a home. He was happy for it. He has been feeding her too, and was concerned about her wintering.

Sunday morning Grace is now missing. She has been there every day for three months. The morning I go to get her and she is gone. I am devastated. If you are at an area shelter please keep an eye out for her. She doesn't trust people and may be having a difficult time if she is in a shelter. I just have a bad feeling about this. Please. Grace slept every day for four months on the stoop of a church, and now she needs our prayers to bring her into safety. If you have any knowledge of this dog, please let me know. I need to find out what happened to Grace.

Important Info - Grace was last seen at Fite road and Rust road just off Hwy 51 north of Memphis, TN. If you know where the DuPont plant is, she was on the other side of the hwy, (north Fite off Watkins, not the other end of Fite by the Motorsports Park ). Please text or call me, Tish, at (901) 628-8474 if you have any information about Grace.





2 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Sibe vibes being sent South for Grace -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra and Phyll

Unknown said...

any news on sweet Grace? I haven't been following FB very well lately. I had to google Fite and Rust and saw my elementary school (now a middle school) on the satellite. Brings back some amazing memories. Broken collar bone at the playground. Mom being curriculum coordinator in charge of "open space" 2nd and 3rd grade (and the whole "teacher's daughter" thing)...but I digress. I hope there is good news on Grace