Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Son

On the heels of my post about the dog who opened my world to the beauty of Siberian huskies, Magnum, it is only fitting that I follow with some of my favorite photos of his son, the dog who is my heart outside my body, my beautiful inside and out, perfect red dog (yes, Tim and Mark, even with a retained testicle he is perfect), Lava. Lava is now heading towards 12, and while I celebrate each milestone birthday, each one also fills me with a little dread. They are going too fast. I am not ready. Thankfully that day is not today. We have more memories to make. Better get to it!

"Hero Worship"
Lava in 2001. He went to work with me every day. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How can he have such a puppy face at 11? He is adorable and you put a knot in my throat. Is that my favorite Twistie in the last pic?

WooPak said...

Susan I don't see his baby face. He is gray now. His red is faded. He used to be such a deep red! The black pup is not Roo. That is Mister, his brother, who lives now in Nashville. That was pretty funny actually. Mister didn't know what to do when he suddenly found himself half on top of lava (he crawled there) but it is extremely rude to be crawling all over a dog who is not ones mommy or littermates and he found himself in quite the pickle. He was stuck. Rather than rescue him I let him sort it out on his own. I knew lava wouldn't care. Mister gathered his courage and finished the trek over the mountain that was Lava. On the downward slope he touched noses with Lava as an apology for climbing on him. Lava never batted an eye throughout his climb and descent and just touched noses and said hi. I love my red dog.