Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Roasted

So. I knew a dog was trying to do me in when last year someone kicked my electric blanket up on high and tried to roast me. Last year my dream was that I was on a nice cool tropical island and then suddenly began baking in the sun. After practically roasting alive it woke me up and after my sun-baked brain registered that the room air was crisp, despite my high temperature, I threw off my covers and realized someone had tried to bake me like a Christmas goose. I had my suspicions but I hate to wrongly accuse so I just eyed them all with equal suspicion and made sure the control was out of reach.

I know it's early in the year but we have had some nice cold snaps come thru and I like sleeping with windows open. So, out it came. This morning a dreamed I was walking a path of hot coals. Everyone the tele shows always makes it look so effortless and easy. No one gets fried. No crispy toes. Why couldn't I do this??? My feet felt like I had stuck them in an active volcano. I finally awoke to discover that once again someone had tried to do me in. Luckily the blanket was bunched at my feet but this time the culprit was still on the controller.

It was…

None other than…

BEANIE!!!

And here I thought she held me in affection! :-/

No comments: