Monday, September 17, 2012

Tomato / TomAhto

Stan is the only dog to have an upstairs crate. It's really sort of a left over from years ago. He goes in it when we all first go up to bed and stands there until I get settled then joins me, but otherwise he never uses it, and no one else would dare go in HIS crate.

One day I peeked in there and noticed a quite large stash of stuffies. I began pulling them out one by one, counting as I went, out of sheer curiosity. He had 24 toys in there. No wonder the house seemed kind of low on stuffies!!!! I washed them, and took a picture of him with them. (attached) and posted to Facebook that my dog had a hoarding problem and might need an intervention. His co-breeder said no puppy of hers was a hoarder, he was a smart dog and simply saving for his retirement! Hence I could be expecting a visit from the Feds for laundering money at any moment. This wasn't his biggest haul. I am proud to say that he is a good saver. He has had upwards of 30 at once in there.

1 comment:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khyra has an entire Michael Graves 'hamper' from Target for her toy collection (mostly sent by friends and fans) -

She's really not a toy gal - although she's partial to a Wubba -

BUT when her Golden Khousins come to visit, Harley is not a happy camper until he has emptied the contents -

I am currently looking at the halfway level -

It's truly a box of dog friendly 'chocolates' -

Welcome back to Blogland!