Saturday, September 15, 2012

Living the Cartoon

Ok. I know it's not a Penny original but I swear this is exactly what happened when herding went wrong on the farm today! Those who have herding breeds recognize this cartoon, and we all chuckle, and I'm positive I heard Andrea laughing from the sidelines. See, what happened was…

It started with Twist. (I fear many stories are gonna start with "see, what happened was it started with twist") we were in the back pasture watching the sheep graze. Twist is still reaaaallly excited to do this, which is exactly why I torment myself and expose him to it as often as I can manage. He needs to learn that herding with sheep sometimes really is about letting them meander and munch. So when it's his turn to move them, he's all happy. How can ya get upset at a guy who is so happy to gather sheep? Really?

Well. Twist really wasn't the real problem… this time. This time we had some help. Tripled. Dari, Bug and Rango decided to help out. Dari is Twists sister, and she is further along (helped tremendously by her slightly less enthusiastic drive to bunch them and a good "lie down"). The other two are just babies and are there to romp and play. Get tired (tired pups make for happy owners), and learn from the big dogs what to do (ok this cojldve been a fail today)

I sent twist away and suddenly Dari and thw babies were all playing rig around the handler… and I wound up literally foot bound in a herd of sheep as they all raced in a circle "helping". Oy!!!!! I finally managed to call my dog off and Andrea got up out of her chair after laughing for an hour or so to help gather the rest of the hooligans.

I survived. I hope I survive the rest of Roo's adventures.

No comments: