Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Poor Stan the boy

A. told me I shouldn't be telling folks this but it was just too funny - so I am... grin... if i can't laugh at myself and my own dogs antics, who CAN I laugh at?

So this morning I was out early with Stan grazing the sheep. We have three 4 day old lambs (a set of twins, and another), and this was only their second day out in the world, and their first out in the yard grazing with the herd... Did I mention that Stan loves baby animals?

After about an hour, the babies are worn out, and they are now less worried about where mama is than sleeping, so they all start dropping to nap. The boy twin was sleeping soundly when Stan got up and decided to go check him out. Stan is almost a WTCH (Working Trial Champion) now, just a couple cattle legs and we'll be done... he can handle the stubborn ram now, he can handle mean mama, he has confidence now. He's a big boy, right?!!!

Well...

Stan snuck up on and startled the little boy lamb out of his nice, sun-drenched, lazy morning nap and the little thing didn't appreciate it at ALL! He came up fighting, and started bouncing after Stan, who quickly turned tail and was saying "OH CRAP! OH CRAP OH CRAP!" as he ran back to me away from the irate baby.

hehehe

It was darn funny. Poor Stan. He'll never be Stan the Man!

[from April 2009]

No comments: