Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July 1

Yesterday was a bad day for Willow. She has been upped to 30 mg's of pred now for three days and we didn't have the bounce back we had the last time. Yesterday she didn't want to do anything, and was not feeling well at all. I am worried.

Today she went to the gate and said that it was a good day to go out for a walk about (her treat - she gets to wander and sniff - on lead - outside the main backyard. She always likes this. We took Gandalf with us. He can go further than she can, so she wasn't happy I limited her distance while Gandalf got to go further. Still, she was tired when we came back a short few minutes later. I am grateful to have her here today.

I took both the Lappies, Yeti and Oona, out to work sheep this morning as it was cool enough here. Both are doing fine, both will chase them. Oona is now getting to the point where I've got to teach her that we're actually doing more than just chasing the sheep. Until now, she's been allowed to just have some fun. Today when I asked her to get around and pushed a bit, she stopped on me and ran off to eye the ducks who certainly looked like more fun than sheep where there were now.. apparently... RULES (gasp!) to the game...

Exposure exposure exposure.

Yeti did well. He's such a gentleman that he's not pushy, and he, too, still gets to chase some. He stops to think about why I push on him more. He will stop and stand, eye the rake, eye me, look at the sheep, and he is clearly tryingto decide the rules.

I also got some good news today. Apparently there are Magnum babies on the ground! WOOHOO! It couldn't come at a worst time financially for me, but thems the breaks! I'm excited for a success for Betty after so many unsuccessful AI's.



No comments: